Please apply for the “Summer Storytelling School”, which will take place from 7 to 8 August at Laidu Manor, as part of the ERASMUS+ project “Storytelling - a key to an inclusive society”.
Participants of the Summer Storytelling School shall:
• learn and explore the practical and theoretical side of storytelling,
• meet great storytellers and experience the storytelling at its best,
• learn how to seek and find stories, tales and urban legends from their own region, municipality, and backyard,
• master ways of using storytelling to engage with different groups of society,
• explore examples of storytelling from Latvia and Sweden,
• shape the storytelling process and learn how to tell a “yummy” story,
• come up with ideas for storytelling events,
• join a peer network and cooperation opportunities!
Lecturers – Guntis Pakalns, Māra Mellēna, Viesturs Meikšāns, Aija Vitmane and the best storytellers from Kurzeme.
The Summer Storytelling School is open to all kinds of culture professionals, youth workers, aspiring and established storytellers and everyone willing to learn more about storytelling.
Participation in the Summer Storytelling School, board, and accommodation at Laidu Manor are free of charge. Limited number of places.
Apply by 28 July by submitting the form:
Organized by Kuldīga Municipality and Kurzeme Cultural Heritage Centre KŪRAVA
Use Google to translate the website. We are not responsible for the accuracy of the translation.